Thursday, November 10, 2005

Gridiron Grit: Picks with Spread and Confidence Points for Week Ten

Where the heck have I been? Anyway, I'm back, and with my picks.

14 Houston +18 (at Indianapolis)
13 NY Jets +9 (at Carolina)
12 Green Bay +9.5 (at Atlanta)
11 San Francisco +13 (at Chicago)
10 Baltimore +7 (at Jacksonville)
9 at Tampa Bay -1.5 (Washington)
8 at Buffalo -2.5 (Kansas City)
7 at Philadelphia -3 (Dallas)
6 St. Louis +7 (at Seattle)
5 New England -3 (at Miami)
4 at Oakland +3 (Denver)
3 at Pittsburgh -8 (Cleveland)
2 Minnesota +9.5 (at NY Giants)
1 Arizona +4 (at Detroit)

14 Houston +18 (at Indianapolis) Houston has had about as bad a first half as you can have. And Indy has dominated in the first half. But ... 18 points? Damn. That's a lot of points. Take the points. Give the Texans 14 of your confidence points.

13 NY Jets +9 (at Carolina) Again with the points. The Jets aren't that bad, especially on defense, are they? I think they stay closer in this one than that.

12 Green Bay +9.5 (at Atlanta) Points points points. At least the Pack has No. 4, and goes a long way in my book. And they have been playing better on defense. Take the points.

11 San Francisco +13 (at Chicago) This has been one of the most generous points weeks in my memory. Can Chicago score 20? That means that San Fran gets a fluke TD and covers. Take the points.

10 Baltimore +7 (at Jacksonville) Hell, I know Baltimore is playing poorly, and that the two best defensive players in the NFL are in civvies, but, hell, they can stay within seven at Jacksonville, I would think. Take the points.

9 at Tampa Bay -1.5 (Washington) OK. I'm done with the points. Tampa Bay has looked like poop on a stick, but they will bounce back at home agin the down and up and down Skins. The D will stuff the Skins.

8 at Buffalo -2.5 (Kansas City) I think the Bills are poised for a good second half, and it will start at home against the Chiefs, who will have a tough time getting up for this week after last week's game.

7 at Philadelphia -3 (Dallas) Iggles out to prove that they are better off without B.O. than with him.

6 St. Louis +7 (at Seattle) I think that the Rams still consider themselves a contender in the NFC West and will need this game to continue to contend. Even if they don't win, they will cover.

5 New England -3 (at Miami) New England is not happy. They smoke Dolphin.

4 at Oakland +3 (Denver) Oakland is a home dawg agin the Broncos. I see them winning outright. Jake Plummer throws seven INTs to prove that he's not as mistake-free as the boys at ESPN and CBS say he is.

3 at Pittsburgh -8 (Cleveland) I had a hard time picking this game. I think the Stillers are the best team in football, but without Ben Roethlisberger, they are less good. Giving up eight points was tough. And Romeo is doing a heckuva job there in the Mistake. A three pointer for me, and I give it to the Stillers.

2 Minnesota +9.5 (at NY Giants) I still don't believe in the Gints. I know they are better than the Vikes, but by nine and a half at home? Maybe. I don't know. So I am taking the points, but for only two confidence points.

1 Arizona +4 (at Detroit) Imagine being the production assistant for this one, making 16 a year and having to travel to work 18 hours on this. One point. Take the points. What's the point?

thankyouverymuch,
OldCleat

No comments: