Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Pigskin News: TO Goes to Work. Big Whup

In pigskin news, the big story of the day is that Terrell Owens went to work. He went to work today. This morning. He got up, put on his monkey suit, which is apparently camouflage, and went to work.

Last night, he was getting ready to come to work. He was back in town, which is, I believe, the little town of Bethlehem, with his publicist and his agent. And, then, this morning, it was up and at 'em.

My next door neighbor went to work this morning. I saw the post office down the street bustling with activity. My wife went to work. I went to work. The Metra station looked packed with people going to work.

There are at least 2,400 other NFL players who went to work today. Brett Favre went to work. Michael Lewis reported. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison and Jerry Rice are in camp, working, trying to make their teams Super Bowl teams.

Apparently, TO doesn't like his pay structure. There are times that I'm not happy with my pay. So, TO isn't happy with his direct supervisor and some of his coworkers. There are times I'm not all that thrilled with my coworkers or my boss. But I go to work. I don't complain. I get my job done. I do it because it's my job and I'm a professional.

So, Terrell Owens went to work today. For all of the pigskin news today, that's the news lead.

Huh.

thankyouverymuch,

Old Cleat

No comments: